Penguin encounter at Penguin Cove
Chill out and come face-to-feather with the all-new Penguin Encounter at Penguin Cove. Learn about our gentoo penguins and immerse yourself into the sights, sounds, and temperature of their environment. Your total Penguin Encounter experience will last 30-45 minutes with 15 minutes inside Penguin Cove. For your safety and theirs, touching or feeding the penguins is not permitted.
Who Can Participate?
- The Penguin Encounter at Penguin Cove accommodates 4 guests at a time.
- Children between the ages of 4-14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during the Penguin Encounter.
- Children under the age of 14 must accompanied with a paying adult over the age of 18.
- For the safety of our penguins, guests who work with or handle poultry livestock or other birds will not be permitted inside Penguin Cove.
- Guests who experience cold or flu-like symptoms within 48 hours leading up to their experience will need to call and reschedule their encounter for a different date.
- Please be aware that guests will be navigating areas with uneven footing and a narrow stairwell.
Pricing and Reservations
Advance reservations are required. If you would like to tour Wonders of Wildlife, admission is sold separately.
Be sure to bundle up and experience this cool new encounter at Penguin Cove. Learn about our feathered friends as they are fed by our keepers.
- Penguin Encounter experience
- 6×8” commemorative photo
- An “I Chilled with the Penguins” commemorative T-shirt
What to Bring?
- You will be wearing your own clothing, so bring something comfortable/warm (Temperature in the Penguin Cove is around 45 degrees Fahrenheit) and something you would not mind getting a little dirty.
- Closed-toed shoes are required for this tour (i.e. No flip flops, sandals, crocs, shoes with heels, etc). Athletic-style shoes are recommended. For the safety of our animals you will be required to step into a shallow disinfectant shoe bath prior to entering the exhibit.
What not to bring?
- For the safety of the animals, guests participating in the Penguin Encounter will be required to remove jewelry, watches and sunglasses prior to entering Penguin Cove (prescription lenses worn for vision correction is an exception to this guideline).
- Personal cameras or phones are not permitted. A complimentary photo will be provided.
- Please do not leave valuables unattended/unsecured. Wonders of Wildlife is not responsible for lost, missing or stolen property. Please note: Lockers are not provided nor available.
When You Arrive
- Arrive to the Wonders of Wildlife Aquarium entrance at your scheduled Penguin Encounter time (if you are tardy you may miss your tour).
- Check-in for the experience will be at the Aquarium Great Oceans Hall lobby near the glass elevator.
- All participants will be guided through an overview of the experience, including a safety briefing, and will have a waiver to sign. Save time by downloading and completing the waiver prior to arrival. Click HERE to download waiver.
- Participants will be escorted to the Penguin Encounter location.
- For operating hours, please visit https://wondersofwildlife.org/plan-your-trip/#operating-hours