Chill out with the penguins
Come face-to-feather with the all-new Penguin Encounter at Penguin Cove. Learn about our gentoo penguins and immerse yourself into the sights, sounds and temperature of their environment. Your total Penguin Encounter experience will last 30-45 minutes with 15 minutes inside Penguin Cove. For your safety and theirs, touching or feeding the penguins is not permitted.
Included with this add-on:
- Penguin Encounter experience
- 6″×8″ printed photo
- “I Chilled with the Penguins” T-shirt
Now available, with the purchase of a Penguin Encounter, you can get a Fahlo Animal Tracking bracelet for $5 off!
The option for this offer will automatically pop-up during checkout.
This offer is only available online.
To learn more about these special bracelets go HERE
- All participants must be at least 4 years or older.
- Children ages 4-14: must be accompanied in the encounter by a parent/guardian that least 18 years of age. Parents/Guardians accompanying children will also need Penguin Encounter tickets.
- All Participants must be able to walk unassisted up stairways and navigate uneven and possibly wet terrain. (i.e., you may not carry your child).
- Due to the nature of the experience, social distancing is not possible and participants within a single tour may be made up of multiple, unrelated parties.
- Please note: If you work, handle or are around any poultry livestock you will not be able to experience the Penguin Encounter.
Wonders of Wildlife Tickets
- Admission to Wonders of Wildlife is not included with the Penguin Encounter.
- The Penguin Encounter takes place inside the Wildlife Galleries, therefore any guests wishing to observe the Penguin Encounter must purchase an admission ticket or membership.
- To purchase a daily ticket or membership please CLICK HERE.
What to Bring
- Comfortable Clothing – Be sure to wear or bring something comfortable and warm since the temperature in Penguin Cove is around 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, the penguins might splash a bit, so wear something you don’t mind getting a bit dirty.
- Closed-Toed Shoes – We recommend wearing athletic-style shoes. Open-toed shoes like flip flops, sandals, crocs and heels are not permitted. For the safety of our animals, you will be required to step into a shallow disinfectant shoe bath prior to entering the exhibit.
What NOT to bring?
- Jewelry, watches and sunglasses are not permitted (prescription lenses worn for vision correction is an exception to this guideline). You’ll be asked to remove any of these items before participating.
- Personal cameras or phones are not permitted. A complimentary photo will be provided.
- Please do not leave valuables unattended/unsecured. Wonders of Wildlife is not responsible for lost, missing or stolen property. Please note: Lockers are not provided nor available.
When You Arrive:
- Arrive at the Wonders of Wildlife Aquarium entrance at your scheduled Penguin Encounter time (if you are late you may miss your tour).
- Check-in for the experience will be at the Aquarium Great Oceans Hall lobby near the glass elevator.
- All participants will be guided through an overview of the experience, including a safety briefing, and will have a waiver to sign. Save time by downloading and completing the waiver prior to arrival. Click HERE to download the waiver.
- Participants will be escorted to the Penguin Encounter location.